You should be catching waves earlier, and catching them more often—so we build a wide array of surfboards to help you do just that.
If you want to hear more stories of how we got started, and why we love doing this, take a listen to one of these podcast episodes.
Our flagship store is in our hometown of Costa Mesa, CA
- July 2006: Eager college student, Dave Allee, starts shaping surfboards in his hometown of Costa Mesa, CA.
- October 2008: Griffin NK becomes head Almond shaper, after several years apprenticing for Bruce Jones.
- March 2009: We open our first shop, on Old Newport Blvd in Newport Beach
- March 2012: We move from our original shop to a larger location on Pacific Coast Highway
- October 2015: We move to an even bigger, free standing location just up the hill in Costa Mesa. (Our current store on Santa Ana Ave.)
- May 2018: The first R-Series surfboard model is released, the 5'4" Secret Menu. This is the culmination of years of work behind the scenes to produce something unique in the marketplace. The R-Series is the first recyclable, USA-made foamie version of an existing surfboard model.
- May 2019: The R-Series line grows, with the addition of the 8'0 R-Series Joy, a board designed for surfers of all ages and stages.
- May 2020: The highly-versatile 6'4 Pleasant Pheasant is added to the R-Series range.
- January 2021: The first noserider joins the R-Series range, in the form of the 9'2 Surf Thump model.
Want to learn more? Come visit us at 1720 Santa Ana Ave., Costa Mesa, CA